Hey guys. Links I Love is back. Still no laptop. But I’m working with my phone. This week I bring you tips on writing a condolence note; a heartwarming post on losing a parent; what life at 40 is; how to waste your time productively and a lot more.
Hi guys, I know I haven’t posted in like 2 weeks, but life has been hard, and school has been busy.
My laptop is bad. Which is why I haven’t been doing “Links I Love“.
School resumed fully in July and it was a flurry of assignments and presentations. July made me realise that I had discipline.
I didn’t watch a lot of movies or read a lot of books, but I read a lot of articles on webpages. Results for first semester are rolling in. I’m on good standing. We thank God. I hope it continues this semester. I have at least one assignment every week and the courses are really tough. Even tougher than last semester.
I watched “Big Eyes” a movie about an artist. She married this guy she believed to be an artist and he started to steal her work and pass it of as his. She went along with it for a long time and she finally got a divorce from him after he tried to burn her and her daughter with her paintings.
I’ve been watching “Boston Legal” a law series. It’s old. It’s hilarious and the main characters are the best. I finished Seasons 1 and 2 in 3 days. That was about 40 1-hour episodes. I had to take a break because school + my laptop,
I really can’t remember much else of July because I usually put everything in the sticky notes on my laptop. I’ll start using Evernote for this now.
My hostel is shit, and I’ve had enough. I’ve been managing to get by with the hostel for a little over a year, but I can’t deal anymore. Can’t stay here for two more years. Help me.
I started reading Lace by Shirley Conran. Apparently, she’s the original Jackie Collins. I’m enjoying the book sha.
Also, I’m planning on doing a Harry Potter book and movie marathon for August.
1. Mindy Kaling: And 16 Other Feminist Buzzwords. An interesting and funny post on feminism.
2. How To Buy Happiness. Transcript of a TED talk. Money really does buy happiness, but not in the way you think
3. It’s the Year 2145 and All Nigerians are Feminist. Great satire from one of my favourite blogs.
4. 15 Crucial Packing Hacks to Keep Your Wardrobe Fresh and 21 Uses for Plastic Baggies When Travelling. For the travellers amongst you.
5. Teen Girls and the Persistence of Gender Stereotypes. We believe that gender stereotypes are coming to an end, but are they really?
6. How to be More Like Misty Copeland. Because Misty Copeland is the definition of awesomeness.
7. Serena Williams and the Black Truths She Embodies. and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Body Shaming Black Female Athletes is not Just About Race. Surrounding the whole Serena Williams is masculine
8. Is Donald Trump Pulling a Nigerian 419 Scam. But is he? Really?
9. What is a Computer Anymore
10. The Hard Truths of Ta-Nehisi Coates. #LongRead
11. This article on how to be married for 5 years
12. This thinkpiece on female solidarity and the hypocrisy of it. (Reference: Taylor Swift-Nicki Minaj debacle).
Hello people, this week I bring you stories on what happens when you give a tree an email address; why we should start eating bugs (hint: the earth is running out of food); a short history of British slavery era (because most people don’t remember this); the secrets of crying babies and car alarms; how to come to terms with your attraction to fat girls; when moving up endangers your health; how sleep deprivation affects the mind and body; why it’s difficult to acknowledge emotional abuse; the unfair requests we make of geniuses and lovers; how not liking things on Facebook changes what you see; the captivity of motherhood; #BeingFemaleInNigeria; reasons why Nigerians [should] detest homosexuality;how misogyny retards the growth of our nation and more.