this was sopposed to come up yesterday but my phone was having problems. i’ll post something else later
Basically ‘phobia’ is from the Greek word ‘phobos’ that means fear. Some phobias are funny to hear or know.
We know some already:
Claustrophobia – Fear of closed spaces
Acrophobia – Fear of heights
Aquaphobia or Hydrophobia – Fear of water and so on.
But there are some that would make you wonder.
These are the
most stupid weirdest (is that a word) phobias I’ve ever heard of:
1. Allodoxaphobia – Fear of opinions
why would you be afraid of opinions. seriously? opinions? somebody comes to mind? No?
2. Ambulophobia – Fear of walking
do you want to die sitting down? put glue on your chair and sit down forever.
3. Anthrophobia – Fear of flowers.
i have no words.
4. Arachibutyrophobia – Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
you need serious help. if peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth, will it clog your throat.
5. Barophobia – Fear of gravity.
i don’t understand people. gravity?
6. Bibliophobia – Fear of books.
this is the leading cause of all the gbagauns we see on twitter
7. Cathisophobia – Fear of sitting
stand all you want
8. Chrometophobia – Fear of money.
you want to be poor for the rest of your life?
9. Dendrophobia – Fear of trees.
the branches of the tree will just miraculously grab you and squeeze you to death
10. Domatophobia – Fear of houses or being in a house
go and live under a bridge 3-|
11. Eosophobia – Fear of dawn or daylight
are you a vampire? too much twilight?
12. Epistemophobia – Fear of knowledge
ignorance is bliss
13. Genophobia – Fear of sex
i seriously cant believe this is real
14. Euphobia – Fear of hearing good news.
one word: ‘sadist’
15. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia – Fear of long words
see the irony.
16. Ithyphallophobia – Fear of seeing, thinking about, or having an erect penis
when i saw this, i just went *gasp*
17. Kyrofelonoshophobia – Fear of cartoons
the cartoon characters will come out of the tv and kill you? no? Ok
18. Namatophobia – Fear of names.
19. Novercaphobia – Fear of your step-mother
20. Panophobia – Fear of everything.
the Lord is your shepherd.
21. Paraskavedekatriaphobia – Fear of Friday the 13th
nightmare on elm street
22. Pentheraphobia – Fear of mother-in-law.
too much africa magic .
23. Phobophobia – Fear of phobias
this one has me confused. you are afraid of being afraid? :s
24. Prosophobia – Fear of progress
why would you be afraid of progress? :s. you need professional help.
25. Scriptophobia – Fear of writing in public
i thought people were scared of speaking in public
26. Staurophobia – Fear of crosses or the crucifix
are you a vampire or an evil spirit
27. Technophobia – Fear of technology
boko haram. no?
28. Triskaidekaphobia – Fear of the number 13.
what is it with people and number 13
29. Vestiphobia – Fear of clothing
what? your clothes would get stuck to your body and never come off again :s
30. Verbophobia- Fear of words
i don’t know. really? words? how do you talk? how do you write? sad?
If you have one or more of the phobias listed above, no offense but you need help. Serious help.
But wait. What happens if someone has Ambulophobia and Cathisophobia?
Ps: If you need help getting over one or more of the phobias listed above i can help you get over it.
But it will cost you. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org